Re: Review - Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security (1 of 3)

Great review! I have one comment only. JJ.

Marc Hadley wrote:

> *** 410 "The <wsse:Security> header block without a specified S:role
> MAY be consumed by anyone, but MUST NOT be removed prior to the final
> destination or endpoint." What does 'consumed' mean. SOAP 1.2 makes it
> clear that SOAP headers without a role attribute are equivalent to
> those with a role of
> "http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/role/ultimateReceiver". In
> both cases the ultimate receiver of the message is the target of the
> header block.

An active intermediary could still consume the header block; this
is part of the processing model. So, unless WSS includes a
special header block to implement the above assertion, it cannot
be fulfilled, I think.