Re: XMLP-UC-6 reformulation - simple streaming use case

We also have cases where this same issue hits the entire message, specifically
we want to support messages that resemble xhtml-print jobs.  Here we have a
potentially large XML data set with potentially many interspersed binary
objects,
some redundant (eg gif buttons, gif banner footers).  I would expect XMLP users
to want to deal with similar data.

At 12:55 PM 9/17/2003 -0700, Mark Nottingham wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 10:37  AM, Jacek Kopecky wrote:
>
>>Either of the parties is limited so it
>>needs to be able to produce/consume the data in a streaming fashion,
>>i.e. the SOAP Envelope must be available with only the streamed binary
>>data being in process of transmission.
>
>How about:
>
>The sender may need to produce the message without being able to buffer
>the binary data in its entirety, and/or the receiver may need to consume
>the message without being able to buffer the binary data in its entirety.
>

>--
>Mark Nottingham   Principal Technologist
>Office of the CTO   BEA Systems

John J. Barton          email:  John_Barton@hpl.hp.com
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/John_Barton/index.htm
MS 1U-17  Hewlett-Packard Labs
1501 Page Mill Road              phone: (650)-236-2888
Palo Alto CA  94304-1126         FAX:   (650)-857-5100