Re: Reverse SOAP HTTP binding instead? (was: SOAP MIME Type)

Jean-Jacques,

What you have described is exactly what we have done - bound a SOAP
Request to an HTTP Response, and a SOAP Response to an HTTP Request. I
think that my email may have mislead you into thinking that we have
defined *new* MEPs for SOAP, but that is not true. This is just an HTTP
binding "in reverse".

- JohnK

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 00:20 Australia/Sydney, Jean-Jacques
Moreau wrote:

> John,
>
> My understanding is that your specification create two new MEPs (and
> probably extends the current SOAP HTTP binding).
>
> Another option (probably more natural) would be to reuse the existing
> SOAP Request-Response MEP, and create instead a "Reverse SOAP HTTP
> Binding". This new HTTP binding would implement the SOAP
> Request-Response MEP backwards, i.e. map a SOAP Request to an HTTP
> Response, etc.
>
> Jean-Jacques.
>
> John Kemp wrote:

John Kemp      john.kemp@earthlink.net