Re: New PR issue: one or more ultimate receiver?

Noah,

Thanks for your detailed note. I don't think the issue is about
designing a new multicast MEP right now, nor about reusing the existing
Request-Response MEP for doing multicast; it is whether one can indeed
design a multicast MEP with the current framework, without limiting the
design range. You suggest sending out multiple outbound messages. This
is already an implementation choice. Should that be surfaced at the
MEP/property level? What impact does this have on the message path? etc.

We seem to have had at least one concern[1] expressed by a supplier of
multicast systems.

The issue is also that we may have inadvertantly broken (some of) the
resolution to issue #103 [2], especially steps 1) and 2), which insisted
on having "an ultimate receiver" -not "the", whereas we have "the
initial sender"-, which, given our usual carefulness in crafting
definitions, I read to mean there might be more than one ultimate
receiver. So I think the status quo is s/the/an/, as this is what was
agreed in the past.

I know this was important to Henrik previously; I don't know whether
this still is. (Cc'eing him.)

Thank you,

Jean-Jacques.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2003Jun/0040.html