Re: Issue: Table 17 (Spec part 2, 7.5.1.2) discrepancies

On Tuesday, Sep 17, 2002, at 20:47 US/Eastern, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
wrote:

>> True, but the description for 500 already says "Indicates that the
>> response message contained in the following HTTP response entity body
>> may contain a SOAP fault." Note the "may". Why bother to change the
>> entry for 400 when the 500 entry already does what we want ?
>
> I think it was in order to get a better mapping between SOAP and HTTP
> faults, no?

I think that was the intent although the mapping is somewhat arbitrary.
E.g. why is version mismatch a 500 whilst the more general sender is a
400. Currently only a sender fault is mapped to 400, everything else is
a 500.

>> If we change the entry for 400, do we also need to do so for
>> any of the
>> other entries in table 17 ? All of them ?
>
> Hmm, I think it would only apply to 400 and 500 codes as these are the
> only ones used in the mapping (IIRC).

Table 17 lists 400, 401, 405, 415 and 500, but table 23 only includes
400 and 500.

Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
XML Technology Center, Sun Microsystems.