RE: T is for Transfer

With regard to Mark's statement, I accept the spirit of the argument and
have no desire to start a flame war.  However, re. "T is for Transfer",
please remember that HTTP does stand for "Hyper Text *Transfer* Protocol".
It tends to be used for HTML, but that is a layer overlying HTTP - my
position is that SOAP can be layered over HTTP, with equal status to HTML,
but that HTTP does not imply either HTML or SOAP as the actual message
transferred - indeed, looking back at Mark's previous message referring to
RDF, this implies that HTTP is being used as a transport for RDF.

Pete Appleton
Information Systems Controller, Bemis Packaging Limited
pmappleton@bemis.com