RE: Issues 12 & 192 (long)

Yes, I do see HTTP as being purely transport.  I think that if it is
anything more, then it runs the risk of converging with SOAP, and we'll end
up with A.N.Other protocol that's a kinda hybrid of the two.  Whilst there
are merits for this, personally I regard an approach using independent
layers as better than one which is effectively an <xsd:extension base="HTTP"
/>.

Whilst I agree that you can build a purchasing agent using HTTP headers or
RDF, I query whether that is something that /should/ be done in conjunction
with SOAP; surely the whole point of SOAP is to supply the application's
semantic meaning, not to be an adjunct to another mechanism.  If the
application were built using HTTP with some custom headers, then use a
custom HTTP proxy - but if it's built using SOAP, then use a SOAP
intermediary.

Pete Appleton
Information Systems Controller, Bemis Packaging Limited
pmappleton@bemis.com