Re: SOAP Encoding / Data Model as a (REST?) stand-alone data format

 Dan,

 in my opinion SOAP Encoding is in a similar relationship to
documents as XML. It should not be compared to HTML, for example
(not saying you did do such a comparison).

 As far as I know, it is not expected, but not prohibited either,
that SOAP Encoding will be used for data outside SOAP Envelopes.
I don't think it would be unreasonable of somebody to encode
their data structures using SOAP Encoding.

 Your question shows again the slight inappropriateness of XMLP
WG doing a graph data encoding, it might be best to remove SOAP
Encoding from SOAP spec and put it elsewhere (it might or might
not compete with XML or RDF), but our charter says we have to
provide such encoding for graph data.

 As for REST, I think the standard should be just plain XML. 8-)

 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/