Re: Issue 192; HTTP binding looks ok

 Mark,
 if by saying "faults received with 200 OK should not be treated
as faults" you mean "they should be treated as an OK response",
I object to your proposal.
 My proposal (and understanding) is that the two following HTTP

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
...necessary HTTP headers...

<env:Envelope ...necessary namespaces and stuff...>
  <env:Body>
    <env:Fault>
      <faultstring>foo</faultstring>
    </env:Fault>
  </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

HTTP/1.1 500 server error
...necessary HTTP headers...

<env:Envelope ...necessary namespaces and stuff...>
  <env:Body>
    <m:MyFault>
      <code>15</code>
    </m:MyFault>
  </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

 If I understand your position correctly, you would see the first
example as perfectly OK, right? (I'm not sure about the second,
please clarify if that's an error or OK.)
 I think REST principles can be OK with my proposal, on the other
hand tunneling principles are completely blown away with your
proposal. (Just like REST principles are completely forgotten if
we transmit faults with only 200 OK, whereas tunneling principles
can live with 5xx and 4xx for faults.)
 If I'm confusing REST with something else here, please do point
it out, I want to grok REST to be able to argue with you soundly
(if I'm not converted in the process.)
 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/