RE: Final Proposal for Issue 41

Hi Henrik,

I guess I'd be more relaxed about what we write into the spec. than about
how we state that Issue 41 has been resolved.

The piece I in Amr's proposal that I had most difficulty was the notion of
placing the responsibility for sorting this out on the application
developer. Felt a bit like washing our hands of the problem and saying we'd
done a good job, rather than saying, actually we haven't addressed this one
entirely, but we that there is scope for it to be addressed as an extension.

However, that does leave the dangling question of who does take on the
responsibility to define such a standardised extension? Certainly we
(XMLP-WG) have no current charter to do so. A few *clearly experimental*
extensions to explore the space in the interim would be ok. But at some
stage I think we would want to synthesise a single recommendation.

regards

Stuart