RE: Web-friendly SOAP

Thanks for the followup, Paul.  Your "web of links" seems to characterize
the web nicely.  Aren't MEP issues orthogonal to that?  What I'm taking
away from this exchange (an ironically asynchronous one!) is that sooner or
later *synchrony happens*, when the priority of a response rises high enough
on the stack for us to wait for it and nothing else.  But is that somehow
the essence of the Web, or is it the links?  Methinks the links.

I'm still not clear on why HTTP/UDP/IP is not HTTP and not "the Web".  I
did read the abstract, but not the rest of the paper yet, so I'll withhold
the rest of my foolish questions ... :-)

Walden