RE: Is whitespace significant in SOAP Messages?

> From: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com [mailto:noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com]
> I believe the latest editors' draft of SOAP part 1 is clearer
> on this.

Thank you, Noah.  Looking at the working draft at
http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/10/11/soap12-part1.html

Are the following assertions the intended interpretation of the use case:
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <m:GetLastTradePrice xmlns:m="Some-URI">
      <symbol> DIS</symbol>
      <color>
         bright    orange
      </color>
    </m:GetLastTradePrice>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

The whitespace is NOT significant between:
 the Envelope and Body start (end) tags and
 the Body and the "GetLastTradePrice" start (end) tags
per Section 5:
"Element information items defined by this specification can have zero or
more character information item children whose character code is amongst the
whitespace characters as defined by [8]. Unless otherwise indicated, such
character information items are considered insignificant."

The whitespace IS significant between:
 <m:GetLastTradePrice ...> and <symbol>
 <symbol> and "DIS"
 </symbol> and <color>
 "color" start (end) tags and "bright    orange"
 "bright" and "orange"
 </color> and </m:GetLastTradePrice>
 per 5.3.1:
"All child element information items of the SOAP Body element information
item:
MAY have any number of character information item children. Child character
information items whose character code is amongst the whitespace characters
as defined by [8] are considered significant."

> Most likely, this text will appear in a formal working draft
> shortly. Hope this helps.

Thank you, Noah, it does. When will the next working draft be released?  I
thought that the next draft might actually be a recommendation; is that no
longer the case?

Thanks,
Kevin Johnsrude
Rogue Wave Software, www.roguewave.com