RE: Web-friendly SOAP

If SOAP and "web services" represent an evolutionary step from using
the web interactively (browser and human user) to the less constrained
model including non-human agents, then doesn't this strongly imply
a corresponding UDP binding for HTTP?  Is there anything unRESTful
about asynchronous or connectionless state transfer?  Is HTTP/UDP perhaps
a key missing piece?  Is there discussion on this that anyone out
there could point me to?

Walden Mathews