Re: Primer draft with GET Additions

Paul Prescod wrote:

 > Anyhow, the text you disagree with is merely a restatement of the
 > relevant TAG finding in a SOAP context!

If the TAG finding you are referring to is
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/ws-uri-05042002.html, then it
specifically refers to the 4K limit (actually, it specifies 4000), and
it contains a link to
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/ws-uri-05042002.html as "representing the
initial investigations into requirements and proposed solution".  That
latter document specifically limits its scope to Simple RPC style SOAP
requests, which are without headers (it expresses this requirement as
BODY only) and with no structured parameters.

This precisely matches the concerns that I enumerated (basically because
I had done my homework).

Why should the TAG and/or the XMLP working group consider imposing a
higher bar on the future of SOAP than has ever been contemplated on HTML?

- Sam Ruby