Re: FW: LC Comments: Web Method Feature

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 11:56:21AM -0600, Champion, Mike wrote:
> I've totally lost
> track of what *else* you (MB) want SOAP 1.2 to actually say to encourage
> RESTfulness.

I don't need it to say any more.  I just don't want it to say any less
than it already does, which is why this thread started.

The rest of this discussion is to try to point out (in a round about
way) that GET is an application semantic, like getStockQuote, or
getPurchaseOrder.  You wouldn't think of tunneling through getStockQuote
would you?

String weather = getStockQuote( "getWeather( 'Ottawa' )" );

If that looks odd to you, it should; it's what you're doing when you
tunnel through HTTP.

(I've reused that argument before with little effect, but I liked it
so there it is again)

MB