RE: FW: LC Comments: Web Method Feature

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 11:00AM, Mark Baker wrote:

> I wouldn't say that at all.  I believe what we're discussing here is one
> of the core issues at the heart of the tension between Web services and
> the Web.

I don't believe that there is tension between Web services and the Web. As
far as I can tell, the Web doesn't much care how I use the POST command. The
tension is between people: those that view the Web as a vehicle to perform
distributed computing and those who seem to be very concerned about people
who might be "abusing" the application semantics of HTTP.

(I'm sure you can guess which side I fall on.)

Anne