Re: Issue 133, and permitting no body

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Mark Baker wrote:

> Yves,
>
> I'm not sure I follow.  Where does the urlencoding of the SOAP message
> come in, in this example?

Hum, that's the problem when you forget some while lines in an email.
urlencoding of SOAP message is useful if you know in advance that the
method called will be idempotent, and a way to call it
ex: http://www.example.com/stockquote?soap=<urlencoded enveloppe>.
or  http://www.example.com/stockquote;soap=<urlencoded enveloppe>

The problem is that some deployed proxies or server will disallow too long
URIs.
Should we define a preferred way to encode in the URI (using soap= as an
argument for example) or should it be handled by the description of the
service?

The POST -> 303 GET is another story :)

--
Yves Lafon - W3C