Re: Issue 133, and permitting no body

I like this! I can see four possibilities (not mutually exclusive);

1) GET w/ SOAP envelope serialised in URI, response carries envelope
2) GET w/o any SOAP envelope, response carries envelope
3) POST w/ SOAP envelope, 303 See Other, #2
4) GET w/ body

1 is interesting but tricky to get the serialisation right (both in
terms of length and a canonical encoding). Remember that the *entire*
envelope becomes the cache key, which isn't very useful...

My concern with disallowing the SOAP body is that people will
inevitably just stick something body-like in a header.

Mark seems to be aware of my misgivings about GET-with-body. :)

Also, remember that SOAP headers can be mapped to protocol-specific
features; there's nothing stopping Bob from taking his nifty
transactional SOAP header and describing how to serialise it as a
HTTP header.

So, my money is on #2&3. I'd also note that the entail the least
amount of work for the WG.

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/