Re: SOAP Encoding - Arrays

 Simon,

 you can see the current editors' copy of the spec at [1], it
contains the updated array serialization rules now.

 In this update, neither of the attributes itemType and arraySize
is mandatory, you can get the types from a schema very nicely.
And it is not necessary for WSDL to extend XML Schema by its own
attributes any more.

 Another thing, the current resolution of the WG is that the
Encoding will not (and does not in the editors' copy already)
support sparse arrays and partially transmitted arrays natively
(both can be supported by higher-level structures), which
should simplify implementation greatly (even _with_ the support
for partial and sparse arrays).

 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/10/11/soap12-part2.html