RE: Problem with resolution of Issue 221

I think this is in the right general direction, but I think the word
"ignore" in the original is problematic and should not be reintroduced.
For example, we are allowing (discouraging) an intermediary to relay PIs.
Has that intermediary "ingored" those PIs?  I suggest we not get into
that, but rather spell out:

Except in the special case of intermediaries (see below), envelopes
transmitted by SOAP senders MUST NOT contain PIs.

Receivers (including intermediaries)  receiving an envelope with a PI
SHOULD fault with a XXXX fault.  However, in the case where performance
considerations make it impractical for an intermediary to detect PIs in a
message to be relayed, such intermediaries MAY leave the PIs unchanged in
the relayed message.

I think that's closer to how we want to deal with this.  Thanks.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

"Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Sent by: xml-dist-app-request@w3.org