Re: Summary of Issue 194 - encodingStyle

Martin Gudgin wrote:

>Agreed. The interpretation of attribute values and element content is at a
>higher level than the infoset. And interpretation of any given value in the
>infoset may be determined by the some other value in the infoset.
>
>I think I've lost track of where we're going with this...
>
>Gudge

I believe the claim was made that namespace and xml:base declarations
were not  comparable to encoding declarations -- that there is something
fundamentally different about how they effect the interpretation of the
content.  My claim was that there was not.  That the effect of either on
the interpretation of scoped content was similar.  The effect on the
URIs or QNames found in the content was one of interpretation by the
application which might be applied according to some known schema and
processing or might be ignored.

Ray Whitmer