RE: text/xml for SOAP is incorrect

I don't have a strong view on this issue.

I am somewhat taken with the view that the content-type for a SOAP message
is "application/xml" or "text/xml".

I was wondering if there would be anything too awful about creating a new
MIME/HTTP header for use in conjuction with content-types of "*/xml" called
"Root-Element-Name" which encoded the fully qualified element name of the
document's root element.

Coarse dispatching could be done on "content-type" and fine-gran dispatching
at some meta-XML processor done on "Root-ElementName".

This would avoid overloading 'content-type', it would be generic and
decentralised for XML documents of all kinds.

I don't think that we want to go 'sub-typing' XML documents below the fully
qualified name of the root element... it would get ugly to do that!

Just a thought... there are probably reasons why this is not a good idea.

Regards

Stuart