Re: Proposed text for closure of issue 45

Hugo Haas wrote:
> [ Preamble: I think that issue 45 is almost closed; see the note at
>   the bottom. ]
>

>   Part 2 of the spec has the following editorial note[2]:
>
>    Editorial note: MJH                                       20010810
>    The following paragraph conflicts with the first paragraph of Fault
>    Codes
>
>   and part 1 reads[3]:
>
>    Editorial note: MJH                                        20010810
>    The following paragraph seems to be contradicted by the rules in RPC
>    Faults. Specifically, a new namespace is used and new codes are
>    introduced.
>
>   The paragraph that Marc is refering to is:
>
>    The SOAP faultcode values defined in this section MUST be used as
>    values for the SOAP faultcode element information item when describing
>    faults defined by this specification. The namespace identifier for
>    these SOAP faultcode values is
>    "http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope". Use of this namespace is
>    recommended (but not required) in the specification of methods defined
>    outside of the present specification.
>
>   I am not sure that there really is conflict, since the RPC faults
>   are described "outside of the present specification". In any case, I
>   think that we need to remove those two editorial notes before
>   closing issue 45. Marc?

Now that the spec has been split you could argue that the conflict no
longer exists. It might still be worth clarifying "this specification"
to "SOAP Part 1" if that is what is really meant.

Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
XML Technology Centre, Sun Microsystems.