Re: proposed resolution to issue #30

 Noah, since id/href is an Encoding mechanism, IMHO it is not
possible to say which URIs are/aren't dereferencable for all
imaginable referencing mechanisms.
 AFAIK, SOAP+attachments uses this Encoding mechanism so it can
state that cid: scheme is dereferencable.
 The Encoding can state that "#<id>" URIs are dereferencable.
 DIME can state whatever applies to it.
 The core SOAP does not have any referencing mechanism for it
doesn't need one. It's the data that may need references, thus
it's the encodings that may want to specify referencing.
 I don't think we want to create an encoding-independent data
referencing mechanism. 8-)
 Best regards

                            Jacek Kopecky

                            Idoox