RE: Issue 4 Proposed Resolution (was: why no doc type declarati on and PIs in SOAP)

Maybe I was unclear, or I'm missing something.  If my DTD or
schema doesn't have any attributes defined, then that is
an "XML mechanism" to say "you can't use attributes in an
instance for this application."  Right?

All I'm saying is that there is no equivalent way in to say "don't send me
no stinkin' PIs or DTD internal subsets," in a way that an XML parser can
enforce, but I wish there were. We *can* say this in the natural language of
our application specification (SOAP 1.x), so I don't think we disagree on
anything substantive.  Come to think of it, I doubt if very many SOAP
processors formally validate incoming messages against the schema anyway ...
do they?

 If my vocabulary doesn't use