Re: Announce: A Busy Developer's Guide to SOAP 1.1

martin wrote:

> 2.    xsd:base64 is not a type name. It should be xsd:base64Binary[2]

"SOAP-ENC:base64", according to the SOAP specification
(section 5.2.3)

> 5.    You use xsi:type on all your parameter serializations. Why is this?
> Seems to me you only need xsi:type when the parameter is a COM Variant/Corba
> any/fill in your own dynamically typed thingy here. When the parameter is
> always a double why specify in the payload, won't the
> marshaller/unmarshaller know what to do

not if you're using a dynamically typed language, and don't want
to write a WSDL/IDL parser (nor write WSDL/IDL descriptors for
everything you want to publish, for that matter).

(this works perfectly well in XML-RPC...)

> I know you guys are busy developers :-) but you might like to update to the
> Proposed Recommendation version of XML Schema given that you've published
> this document after the PR Schema spec[4-6] was published. The namespace
> uris are;
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
>
> and
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance

note that there are (at least) two SOAP 1.1 specifications out there;
the one from April 18 uses the old namespaces, the W3C version from
May 8 uses the new namespaces.

Cheers /F