Re: Announce: A Busy Developer's Guide to SOAP 1.1

A few of observations/comments;

1.    xsd:integer is not a 32-bit signed integer type. Its an arbitrary
precision integer type ( and thus has a value space of -infinity to
+infinity )[1]

2.    xsd:base64 is not a type name. It should be xsd:base64Binary[2]

3.    xsd:timeInstant is now called xsd:dateTime[3]

4.    The xsd:ur-type is actually called xsd:anyType in the schema for
schemas.

5.    You use xsi:type on all your parameter serializations. Why is this?
Seems to me you only need xsi:type when the parameter is a COM Variant/Corba
any/fill in your own dynamically typed thingy here. When the parameter is
always a double why specify in the payload, won't the
marshaller/unmarshaller know what to do ( even if that
marshaller/unmarshaller is effectively a human writing code ).

6.    Why is the getStateNameResponse element in the 'Response example'
section unqualified while the getStateName element in the 'Request example'
is in the namespace 'http://www.soapware.org'? Seems to me the wrapper
response element should be in the same namespace as the wrapper request
element.

7.    In the 'Request example' you declare a namespace mapping for
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/' to the SOAP-ENC prefix but then
never use it. I suggest you remove the mapping, it will make the example
clearer. Same for the 'Response example'

8.    The 'Fault example' has prefixes xsd and xsi mapping to the schema
namespaces but they are never used. Again, I think things are generally
clearer if only the namespaces that are actually used appear.

9.    Conversely the XML examples in 'Structs' and 'Arrays' both use
namespace prefixes that are not defined.

I know you guys are busy developers :-) but you might like to update to the
Proposed Recommendation version of XML Schema given that you've published
this document after the PR Schema spec[4-6] was published. The namespace
uris are;

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema

and

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance