Re: Abstract Model contribution for module processing and also for attachments

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Jean-Jacques Moreau wrote:

> I think there are cases when processed blocks should not be removed
> from messages. For example, consider a message that goes through
> several intermediaries, and that contains some form of identification
> (user/password, certificate, digital signature, whatever), carried as
> a block, and used by at least two intermediaries. It would be wrong
> for the first intermediary to remove the block from the message, as it
> is also needed by the second intermediary.

In that case, targeting information should explicitely say that this
particular block is intended for multiple processors. If a block has been
added for a specific intermediary, and if it doesn't impact on the main
one, then it can be safely removed (note that auth can have an impact on
cacheability)

--
Yves Lafon - W3C