Re: Toss section 5 (create SOAP-lite)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Doug Davis wrote:

> Just wondering - how do you feel about just putting it into
> a separate document so it isn't part of the "core" spec?
> -Dug

This makes a bunch of sense to me. SOAP pt5 defines a pretty handy set of
conventions for encoding edge-labelled graph data in angle brackets. I
believe the relevance and utility of documenting this technique extends
beyond SOAP / Web Services. One might, for example, use this dialect of
XML to put structured data into the hypertext Web (ie. posted on Web
sites, or in news groups, mailing lists etc.).

My bias here is towards the possible use of SOAP pt5 serialization as a
possible new syntax for encoding RDF data graphs; see my research
scrapbook notes from last year (http://www.w3.org/2000/09/XGraph/) for
some pointers to previous discussion of XML graph encoding syntaxes.
Having the SOAP serialization stuff in a separate doc would be very useful
from that perspective. While I realise the use of SOAP serialization as an
RDF syntax isn't a priority for folk here, I just wanted to point out that
partitioning the spec in the way sketched might open up some new
applications for this part of the SOAP design.

--danbri