Re: Processing which is not triggered by blocks?

My personal take is that this should be permitted. It seems
equivalent to the case where a processing intermediary does
process some blocks and then performs some unrelated action (say adding
another block as in the signing example you cite). In the case
you cite, the message simply has no targetted blocks for it.

Cheers,

Chris