Re: TBTF: nature of transport bindings

Mark,

I tend to think that it will fall somewhere in the middle
(things usually do;-).

I certainly agree that some means of communicating/negotiating
features will be required in nearly all cases. In addition, it
is likely that each binding will require its own mechanism to do so.

The SOAP over BEEP binding [1] provides a 'features' attribute
to be used for this during channel start-up. In addition, it
is given a specific BEEP profile name (a URI).

It would seem to me that what you describe as a "loose"
specification of a binding with some external characterization
(e.g. WSDL) mechanism employed to specify features used
isn't really a loose specification. It is left to others
to provide the requisite tightening.

Cheers,

Chris

[1] http://beepcore.org/beepcore/beep-soap.jsp