Re: Media type encoding parameter?

 Mark,
 I don't think this is a good idea. First, there can be more than
one encoding in the message on different pieces of data, even
inside the Body. Which would you indicate?
 Anyway, it seems if we sum everybody's wishes, we'll find out
that almost everything from the message is important to be known
without cracking the envelope. Excuse my outburst, but THIS IS
XML, LET'S GET OVER IT! If we put everything from the envelope to
the outside, too, why need the envelope? 8-)
 OK, the namespace of the root element might be useful for fast
dispatch, in case of SOAP the "intent" of the message can be also
useful for that purpose, also I'm nervous about that, but the
encodingStyle is not a thing the server dispatches on. Therefore,
I say it's not a good idea.
 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/