Re: NameValue and NameValueList data types

I see name/value pairs as more fundamental for building and exchanging
semantic information - which is a lot more interoperable than exchanging
syntactical information. All you've got are names and indexes, anyway. There
are more syntaxes than there are semantics - and more are built each day,
while the semantics stay the same. And yes, this implies that people will be
building bridges - as long as there are programmers, there will be a need
for bridges.

I personally don't worry too much about making the One True Syntax for
something like a Hashmap - documenting the three or four most common ways of
doing a Hashmap is useful to me however.