RE: issue 168 proposal: xsi:type of external references in Encodi ng (fwd)

Here's a quick attempt at translating it into spec-ese:

"The SOAP 1.2 specification does not constrain the type of resource
referenced by the href attribute. It is the responsibility of the target
resource to define any type information.  In the case of XML, the type can
be defined by an XML schema associated with the target resource, or by the
xsi:type information item.  For non-XML target resources, other means to
define the type will have to be provided outside the SOAP framework."

Use, revise, or ignore as you see fit ...