RE: issue 168 proposal: xsi:type of external references in Encoding

<snip/>

> > I understand people's motivations - I had them myself at one
> >point - but IMHO there is no easy/reasonable/useful thing to
> >do given our schedule.
>
> I agree and on a slightly more serious note, I would from a
> general Web
> architecture point of view suggest that we not go down this particular
> slippery slope.
>
> Henrik

That's certainly my position on this issue.  And on an even slightly more
serious note, I'm not sure that I would want the TAG to tackle this issue.
Though the TAG could(should?) identify this as an open issue for the web
architecture.  I just don't see a reasonable solution.  I have visions of
CORBA externalization with double de-referencing and other nasty surprises.

Dave