Re: Issue #170 proposal - referencing to missing data

 Noah,
 the reason why I mentioned LISP's optionally evaluated
parameters is that in LISP, such expressions that need optionally
evaluated parameters are only supported by so called special
forms (or macros), none of which are proper functions.
 Since I also think that such weak referencing can be achieved by
lazy parsing (we don't mandate that the data be deserialized
fully before doing _any_ RPC processing) or at the application
level and so I propose we don't explicitly allow weak references.
 I don't think we can say "you SHOULD generate a
UnresolvedReference fault" unless we add something like "because
your application can know better" and this doesn't feel right,
it's not spec-speak.
 We haven't specified the "process of deserialization" anyway so
I think we can leave this as to encompass lazy deserialization,
therefore not encountering the broken link in our case.
 So what I propose is to say that "processor MUST generate" the
fault, as in [1].
 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Dec/0018.html