RE: Suggestion on application/soap{+xml} media type attribute

Hi Henrik,

This looks good to me as long as the intention is that OPTIONAL means
optional for the sender of a message (basically same debate that we had over
making SOAPAction OPTIONAL). This is consistent with being a "hint", ie.
correct operation would still occur in the absense of such an OPTIONAL hint,
however use of the (correct) hint may lead to more efficient processing of a
message by a recipient.

[Aside: Consideration of 'bogus' hints takes us to the place you noted  you
didn't want to go in your final paragraph.]

Stuart