RE: Quick Survey - Use SOAP

> [1] - synchronous request/response generic XML

	Essential.

> [5] - synchronous request/response RPC method calls

	A layered function of the above.

> [1] - asynchronous message to a queue (single consumer)

	Essential for messaging, e-commerce (B2B), notification, and logging.

	Should include both send/reply, windowing, and fire-and-forget.

> [5] - asynchronous message to a topic (multiple subscribers)

	Could be a layered function using centralised / decentralised hubs.

> [2] - other - describe

	Streaming, multiplexing, non-XML applications, ...

I feel that it would be wise to abstract "messaging" from application level
protocols such as e-mail. By "messaging", I mean the transfer of data with a
begin and an end (e.g. an RPC call). For messaging, it would be nice to have
one or more generic protocols, which cater for async, sync, windowing,
multiplexing, ... with extensibility and extensible security.

It would also be nice to address streams beyond the TCP/IP level with
multiplexing, security, and extensibility.

Charles Kilkenny

Charles Kilkenny (mailto:kilkenny@gfn.co.uk)

Global Financial Networks Limited
The Leys, 2c Leyton Road, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2TL, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1582 467 486, Fax: +44 (0)1582 467 488, http://www.gfn.co.uk