RE: text/xml for SOAP (and XP) considered harmful

> The charset parameter is recommended by RFC 2130 and MIME RFCs
> already.  On the other hand, people have understand that adoption of
> new parameters is not easy, especially for dispatching.
>
> You might disagree, but this is a done deal.  It has been thoroughly
> discussed by MIME people and has been endorsed as a Proposed Standard
> by the IESG.

I hate to differ by PS doesn't mean that it is a done deal.

> > Yes, of course an XML document may contain more than one XML NS but
> > could you tell me how this is captured by, for example
> "text/rdf+xml"?
>
> The convention works only for single-namespace XML documents.
> Handling of multi-namespace XML documents is still an open issue.
> Nobody has shown any proposals.  People understand the limitaion of
> the naming convention, but still agree that it has advantages.

As the convention only works for single namespace XML documents and this
is extremely unlikely to be the case for SOAP messages, this tells me
that in fact your proposal doesn't apply to SOAP messages.