Re: DR051 and DR006: Identification of message

Alex Ceponkus wrote:

> DR051:
> "A message must have a globally unique identifier."
>
> DR006:
> "Support uniquely identifying messages as entities, so that correlating
> related message (such as requests and responses) is possible over any
> transport." [...]
>
> I think that these two requirements are similar enough that the resulting
> requirement will probably encompass them both. [...]
>
> "An XP message must be able to support a globally unique identifier to
> identify itself."

I disagree. I don't think you need (world-wide) globally unique identifiers
to "correlate" a request and its response, so I would suggest we keep DR006
as is.

As for DR051, I'd be tempted to just drop it, but I'm not sure what the real
intent was. Anyone remembering?

Jean-Jacques.