Re: LOPT: serialization algorithm suggestions

Hi!

Bill la Forge wrote:

> Sorry for the nit pick, but could you please put a '#' in front of
> the id in the href field? The original SOAP spec introduced this error
> and, while they have corrected the error, it seems that once something
> has been done so publicly, it assumes a life of its own!

It is not very important for me. What is very important for me
is single pass and simple (de)serialization.

"id" is expected to of type ID. And "href" is expected to be of
type "IDREF". I have an impression that if href is declared as
IDREF in schema, it should have the same value as id somewhere.
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#IDREF) Because of it "#name"
syntax was not used.

AFAIU it is not requirement for LOPT to be completly compatible
with SOAP. What I'm suggesting is much more radical revision
of protocol then href issue which will be usually single line
patch.

BTW what is xlink is saying about it? Does it still use #id syntax?
AFAIR xhtml 1.1 will use xlink for cross referencing and will not
use #name syntax.

There are bugs in example, it should be:

<List id="i0">
  <Type id="i1" >
    <value>
      <Element id="i2">
        <parent>
          <Type href="i1"/>
        </parent>
      <Element id="i2">
    </value>
  </Type>
  <Type href="i1"/>
</List>

(This is the list taht contains one object with the id "i1" twice)

Constantine