Re: Announcement: WWW9 Panel on XML and Protocols, 17 May 2000

Dan Connolly wrote:

> >The real question is therefore whether SOAP allows you
> > to build such applications while remaining as simple and straight
> > forward as possible.
>
> Really? Is that what everybody else things the real question is?
>
> I thought David's point about publish/subscribe etc. was very
> relevant to the discussion at hand

So do I : these things need to be tigthly integrated with the core system, not
bolted-on add-ons, even though some transports/etc. may not support them (e.g.
HTTP+firewall).

(Thinking more about this, I think Henrik is implicitely considering SOAP as a
strawman proposal, and asking whether it is good enough for B2B applications. Henrik
-pardon me if I am getting this wrong.)

--
Jean-Jacques Moreau, Canon Research Centre France.