Re: Announcement: WWW9 Panel on XML and Protocols, 17 May 2000

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 12:52:36PM -0500, Ken MacLeod wrote:
> Six weeks ought to be enough time to finalize Eric Prud'hommeaux's
> "facets", come up with a glossary of terms and draft definitions, and
> a bibliography.

I've started writing up the LOTP toy I've been playing with (discussed
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2000Mar/0041.html]). You
can take a peek at the architecture description
[http://www.w3.org/2000/03/31-LOTP-Architecture] to get an idea what
plan I'm on. I'll drop it into the matrix after a couple days of
serious brain dump. In the mean time, feel free to support/dispute the
design. I'll put quotes and refs in the discussion document
[http://www.w3.org/2000/03/31-LOTP-Discussion].

> Someone needs to volunteer (or needs to be volunteered ;-) to handle
> this and be able to spend many hours on it.  I would volunteer, but I
> don't have enough hours outside of work to apply to it.  I can't tell
> how much time Eric has, or if it's part of his assigned work with W3,
> but he's definitely been leading the way so far.

Do to its importance, it appears to have turned into my day job. I
have a small forest of reading to do to furthur my sense of all the
issues and participants.

--
-eric

(eric@w3.org)