Re: Schema OID for IR-Explain-1 and IR-Extend-1?

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 03:31:29PM -0500, Ray Denenberg wrote:
>> Do IR-Explain-1 and IR-Extend-1 have standard schema OIDs defined?
>
>  No, but they have record syntaxes:
> Z39.50 schemas were invented for use with grs-1, and these two are
> asn.1 definitions independent of grs-1.

Thanks, but schemas are not purely for GRS-1 according to the spec.
They can be equally used with SUTRS for example (as described in
RET3 in the appendicies).

A concrete reason I was after a schema OID for explain and extend was
because ElementSetDetails in explain has a mandatory schema oid field.
What we have done instead is not to report ElementSetDetails for these
two special databases via Explain. It gets around the problem.

If there was a schema OID, we would have used it. Without it, we will
just drop these records from Explain instead.

Thanks
Alan