Re: requesting XML records

> Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:26:06 -0000
> From: "Matthew Dovey" <matthew.dovey@las.ox.ac.uk>
>
> The solution I was proposing on the ZNG list - which I still think
> would work, would be to specify four record syntaxes that we can ask
> for:
>
> Strict simple DC - i.e. must use all the DC elements and only those.
> Strict qualified DC
> Loose simple DC - i.e. can include other non-DC elements
> Loose qualified DC

I agree that this solution would work, but I won't let that little
detail persuade me that it's a good one :-)  Seriously, this seems to
be a hack to solve one very specific instance of the fuzzy-schema
problem, and I would rather meet that head on if we can.  (That way,
we won't have to come back and do it again when we want to make loose
IEEE LOM records, as you alluded to in a later message.)

)_v__/\  "I never make predictions and I never will" -- Paul Gascoigne.