Re: character encoding ISO 2022

Well, I'd avoided commenting because this whole area seems so
complicated and there already seem to be many alternatives... But...
Adam from Index Data and I were lucky enough to spend some time working
in thailand on cp876 (Thai) character set based systems last week and,
in the end, I think we both thought that a simple sequence of proposed
character set names, and a response containing the one to use might be
by far the most simple and flexible approach (Given that in our local
situation we had to negotiate to 8-bit cp874).

I guess this is nice, because sending "UTF-8" as the only entry in a
list and getting back "UTF-8" as a response is reasonably close to the
init option bit?

Ian.

--
Ian Ibbotson (ian.ibbotson@k-int.com)