Re: Representing DRA holdings in a future Z39.50 client app

Andrew,

DRA Classic does not support the Opac Record Syntax. In order to retrieve
the holdings information we did this: Take the Marion bibliographic database
number out of the bib data in the present response and then submit a new
search, using the Marion Bib database number, in a search of the
circle_item_file database. We use a 1,12 Use attribute for the search to
retrieve the circulation information. The Object Identifier for this search
is: 1.2.840.10003.5.1000.10.1,

DRA Classic uses a 6 digit code which can be mapped to a temporary location
label for human eyes. Contact the library to learn what the codes mean.

The DRA Classic Circle_item-file provides the Call number, the Item ID, the
temporary location and the availability status in the present response.

DATABASE = circle_item_file,

Contact me directly if you need more information about how to do this

Marvin Pollard

--
Marvin E. Pollard, Jr.                      mpollard@calstate.edu
Project Manager                          http://uias.calstate.edu