Re: eSpec-q ASN.1 questions

Rob Bull wrote:

> 1) is there any reason why AttributesPlusTerm has been re-defined in the
> eSpec-q ASN.1 definition, when it could be imported from Z39-50-APDU-1995
> (the definition seems identical to that in Z39-50-APDU-1995) ?
>
> 2) the import list refers to AttributeElement - this is however not used
> in the ASN.1 definition of eSpec-q - I reckon it should be removed
> from the import list here ?
>
> ...or, is this not the latest eSpec-q definition ?

Working backwards -- yes, it's the correct version.

AttributeElement is Imported because it is referenced by AttributeList, which is
Imported. When I wrote the definition I wasn't sure how to treat this case (and
I'm still not sure) so Importing AttributeElement seemed the safe thing to do --
at worst it's an innocuous, extraneous Import.

Was there a reason to explicitly define AttributesPlusTerm instead of Importing
it? I thought there was, but I can't reconstruct it.  It could have been
Imported. Does it matter? Do you want a defect report generated?

--Ray

--
Ray Denenberg
Library of Congress