Re: Explain-lite (Explain discussion)

Rob,

What I want is the ability for one Explain-aware target to be able to
provide full Explain (lite) information about another target. Standard
Explain allows this, and it seems like an excellent ways for eg. commercial
client developers to supply up-to-date information about known servers.
It's something we've discussed with BookWhere in the past - it would make
good sense for someone like them. At ID, we're actually running an Explain
proxy off our target list, but I must say I don't think we ever go to test it.

I suppose it would be possible to simply mount the requisite XML pages (in
the ONE-2 model) on a web-page somewhere, but you'd still need a
search/retrieval mechanism, to avoid having to download a huge list of
targets every morning.

--Sebastian

--
Sebastian Hammer        <quinn@indexdata.dk>            Index Data ApS