Re: 6.2 in xsl-fo 1.1

On Tue, Dec 07 2010 14:51:11 +0000, dave.pawson@gmail.com wrote:
> Does that mean any content model containing #PCDATA may also hold
> CDATA content?  I don't think it is explicit?

Firstly, it would help if you would provide links to the sections you
are quoting or to which you are referring so it's easier for other
people to see the context.

I don't understand the question.  The XSL model is that it operates on
the result of a XSLT transformation [1], and there are no CDATA sections
in an XSLT 1.0 result tree, though you can serialise the result tree as
including CDATA sections [2].  In practice, XSL processors (AFAIK) can
all read FQ XML documents instead of always requiring a XSLT
transformation as part of the process, but any CDATA sections in
serialised XML don't have to make it past the parser: CDATA sections are
for escaping markup, and the XML Rec doesn't say anything about an XML
processor reporting them [3] and they are omitted from the XML infoset
[4] (though the XML infoset itself isn't referred to in XSL 1.1).

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#d0e389
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#output
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#sec-cdata-sect
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-infoset-20040204/#omitted